We have a busy week coming up at the Bellingham Public Library!
On Monday, September 12 at 4:00pm, we have Droodles of Fun for children in grades 3-6 – a combination imagination/art program with a twist of humor as participants try to figure out what various doodles are. Online registration is requested.
On Tuesday, September 13, there are two programs: at 1:00pm is the GOT Story Time for ages 4-5 (this week’s theme is stripes) and at 4:00pm is Artrageous – which will have a book, activities and a craft – for children in grades K-2. Please register online to attend either or both of these programs.
On Wednesday, September 14 is Ring-A-Ding-A-Sing-Thing at 10:15am for preschoolers; Lego lovers ages 4 and up are invited to attend the Lego Build at 4:00pm. Both programs are drop-in; registration is not necessary.
On Thursday, September 15, there will be two programs: Alphabits, a story time for ages 2-5, is at 10:15am (this week’s letter is B) and History Adventures for grades 3-4 at 4:00pm – where will we travel back to the journey of the Titanic. Please register online for these programs.
On Friday, September 16, we will have another drop-in session of Ring-A-Ding-A-Sing-Thing at 10:15am. Registration is not necessary.
To register for programs, find out additional information about our programs and/or to see all future programs through October, please go here. PS – we also have lots of great new books. Hope to see you at the library!
On Tuesday, August 9 at 4:00pm, bring your stuffed animal to the library for a sleepover! Before the sleepover, friends of the stuffed animals are invited to attend the Stuffed Animal Sleepover Story Time, where they will listen to a story and be asked to sign permission slips in order for their stuffed animals to be able to stay over night at the library. We promise they will have fun! If you cannot attend the story time but would still like your stuffed animal to participate in the sleepover, you may drop off the stuffed animal any time during the day. Registration is not required.
Stuffed animals can be picked up on Wednesday, August 10 between 10:00am-6:00pm. They will already have eaten breakfast. A slideshow featuring all the fun times that happened during the sleepover will be presented at the library on Friday, August 12 at 11:00am. A link will also be available to view the slideshow on YouTube for those unable to attend the slideshow. Your stuffed animal will not want to miss out on this fun event!
The Family Digital Scavenger Hunt is ON! Here’s how it works:
Interested families will get a sheet with the rules and a list of items to take pictures of or with. You can pick up a sheet at the library or by request by emailing Mr. Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org. Using their imaginations to take fun photos, families will work on the Digital Scavenger Hunt at home. All pictures are due by Monday, August 22 and can be sent by email to Mr. Steve or dropped off at the library on a USB drive or CD. USB drives and/or CDs will be returned.
The slideshow presentation with everyone’s results will be Thursday, August 25 at 6:30pm. The Summer Reading Program finale with ice cream and participation recognition will follow slideshow. Hope to see you there!
As summer keeps heating up, so are our children’s programs! To go along with our summer reading theme, One World, Many Stories, we are offering lots of fun programs over the next month. These programs include:
- A Family Digital Scavenger Hunt, where families will have to locate five “worldly” items and take pictures of them. The Info Session on Thursday, July 28 at 6:30pm and any day after that. You do not need to attend the Info Session to participate. We will have a slideshow with everyone’s pictures on Thursday, August 25 at 6:30pm.
- Country Club is a weekly program that will introduce 3rd and 4th graders to various continents through stories, food, activities, games and more. It will be Mondays at 2pm from August 1 – August 29.
- One World, Many Stories is a weekly program for Kindergarten-2nd graders who want to go around the world through stories, games, activities and a craft. It is Tuesdays at 10:30am August 9 – August 16.
- A Haiku and Tanka Workshop, which will be Thursday, August 4 at 10:30am. Recommended for ages 7 and up. Please register in advance at the front desk, or by phone.
- We also will be having a visit from Ed the Wizard, a Stuffed Animal Sleepover, a Where’s Waldo Scavenger Hunt, story times, Lego Building, our Summer Reading Finale and lots more!
Click here for more detailed information and a list of all our upcoming programs. See you soon at the library!